Recently as more and more people have heard that I am training for the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon I have heard them say, "Oh I could never do that. I can't even run 5 minutes". This is totally not true folks! You could do it if you wanted to. Plain and Simple. All you have to do is put your mind to it and get ready to run!
I too used to hate running! Now I think it may be one of my favorite forms of excercise and something I look forward to almost daily. The other day I found this great article on the Runner's World website. It's about running your first 5-K. If you've never run a race before then I would suggest to start with a great Charity run like the Susan G. Komen. Not only are you contributing to an awesome foundation/cause but you're being good to yourself and it's always neat to see so many people come together for an even like this. You can google runs in your area to see what's out there and find something that interests you.
Another reason I've enjoyed my running experience so far is because I have had the opportunity to train for my half marathons and now marathon with friends. It is a great way to catch up with a friend instead of going to dinner or grabbing drinks. (It's also friendlier on the bank account than the usual options).
On another note, this is a bike ride Chelsea sent me the link to the other day. It's called the Tour de Donut and you knock 5 minutes off your time for every donut you eat. Probably not the healthiest thing, but its all in good fun.
Alright, off to get ready for another big 18 miler this weekend!
Big Announcement
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment