Monday, November 9, 2009

The countdown!!!

I cannot believe that the marathon is now less than a week away!! I'm so nervous but so so excited. This past Saturday I ran my last "long" 8 mile run with the Houston Fit Fall marathon training group. The last time I'd even run a single digit long run was back in June when the weather was hot, sticky, and mosquito's were everywhere. Well, other than the temperate dropping a few degrees, it's still pretty much the same :) This last run started late, since typically now at 6:30 am I've run at least 7-8 miles, but it was a nice break from seeing 3's on my alarm clock.

I'll leave for San Antonio on Friday morning to make it to the expo in time to pick up my race packet. I would usually wait until Saturday to pick up my packet but this coming weekend is also my CPA swearing in ceremony in Austin so I'll be making my way up there on Saturday morning. I didn't want to be rushed after the ceremony where my Dad, Mandy, Gumby, Leah, and Arissa will all be joining me in day 1 of a 2 day celebration. Who said CPA's were lame?! We'll then head back to San Antonio and rest up and hang out before my carb loading dinner :)

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers this week and weekend as I complete my crazy goal of 26.2!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aaaggghhh!! Good luck this weekend! I know you will do GREAT!