Saturday, July 25, 2009

10 Mile Weekend!

This week has been b-u-s-y!

At work we've been working on our quarterly review so that's always a hectic time. I finished archiving the workpapers from my last client, so all in all a busy work week. When is it not right?

This past Wednesday was supper lover's day! Supper Lovers is the supper club Chelsea and I started when I moved here last year. This past week Chelsea hosted and it was amazing! This was the only day I missed running what is on our schedule. It was only an easy 3 mile run, but I felt guilty for not running that day.

This morning I woke up at 4:45 am. YES- 4:45 AM to get to Memorial Park to meet the running club for our 10 mile run. We ran through the tanglewood neighborhood, just a block over from where I live. These houses are absolutely gorgeous and its always nice to run in that area.

I was a little slower today but I think it's because I started off a little too fast. I've decided to stay right near the running coach for my group who paces right at 10:30/40 mile. This makes complete sense now as I write it out. I also decided that I need to make sure my back to bottles on my super cool hydration pack stay full so that my belt doesn't start to ride up towards my waist. For this run I also had my I-shuffle with me this time even though we're not supposed to be running with headphones. The head coach didn't say anything when we stopped at our water station, so I think it's ok.

Because it was such a long hectic week, even though it was hard waking up at 4:45 this morning, I felt like this long run was a great way to get out all of that energy or anxiousness that builds up during the week.

Total Mileage this week: 19! (Monday-Saturday)
On to 12 Miles on next Saturday's run!

No comments: