Earlier in the week I was thinking, as I'm sure may of you do, what am I doing--really? Why would I want to keep up this hectic schedule for 15 more weeks?! But after every run I realize more and more why I actually enjoy training. Crazy, yes, but start running and I think you'll understand.
Some background on my running schedule:
Using the Houston-Fit Schedule Monday's are optional easy run days. We are to run Tuesday-Thursday, right now 30-45 min runs with some speed work/hills/tempo training. Friday's before Saturday long runs are always always rest days and Sunday's are rest or cross training days. Thanks to my wonderful work life this past week has been busier because of the quarter review so I didn't get to run on Tuesday or Wednesday. By Thursday I was getting a little cranky and anxious because I hadn't been able to run the other two days. Chelsea and I had planned on running Thursday which was nice because I was getting my run in and quality girl time as well. Oh-on my Monday night run I happened upon Joel Osteen and his wife riding bikes! I saw them and thought they looked familiar but I couldn't place them, partly due to the fact that I was out of breath and running at super speeds ;) My first star sighting on a run!
Saturday morning's run was set to start at 5:30 am which meant that I had to wake up at about 4:15 to get ready and be at the park. We ran in the Heights which is also a fabulous area to run in. This is probably my favorite neighborhood in Houston. Each of the little bungalow's have their own personality and all the houses just look great together. This run has also been my favorite so far because I ended up running with a group of 4 other ladies who were all pacing at a good pace. We also found out we are all doing the San Antonio Marathon so that was even more exciting because this way we can train together as well as run the actual marathon in our group.
So 12 miles in total on Saturday! I felt good after this run as well. I was absolutely drenched by the time we were done, from my head to my toes. I've gotten more comfortable with my hydration belt as well. I'll have to take a picture of my cool running outfit and post for everyone to see :)
Next Saturday's run will be the longest run I will have ever completed. A full 15 miles! I'm excited an anxious already but I have confidence that I'll be able to do it! This next week I'll be at national training in Austin out at a really nice resort so I'm excited to run a few Austin hills before the big run on Saturday!
Big Announcement
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment