Saturday, August 22, 2009

10 and 13 Mile Weekends

So I kind slacked a bit last week by not posting my run but here's a quick recap: We ran 10 miles last Saturday and it went by so fast! After the 15 mile weekend before, it was a nice break for sure. After the first 3 miles, then I start to feel a lot better and get into a good rhythm.

This past week the running coach sent out emails regarding the importance of cross training so I decided to take a break from running one night this week and did the elliptical for the specified number of minutes instead of running. I'm also looking at trying out a few yoga or Pilate's classes at the gym. I've always been curious about these and I really need to work on my flexibility.

This weekend I ran 13 miles on Saturday morning. This particular route seems to be a bit harder than when we run out the other direction. Maybe it's all mental now though... After I finished up the run this morning, my knee felt a bit sore and achy. Its been bothering me a little throughout the day, but I think with some ice and rest it should be ok.

Nothing else too exciting going on recently....18 miles next weekend!! I'm already nervous and excited!

No comments: