Yesterday morning (starting with my alarm set for 3:55 am) I logged the most miles of my life. Ok, I may sound a bit dramatic, but I think 15 miles is quite the feet (ha...get it...Chels, I think you might enjoy that :) )
Let me start at the beginning of the week...Sunday afternoon I left for Barton Creek Resort (just outside of Austin) for new senior training. This resort is actually really nice and recommend it for families. They have scavenger hunts, game rooms, and of course a really really nice pool. The golf course is supposed to be a good course as well. Last year Dennis Quaid was there at the same time we were.
Anyway, I was actually really excited about training (we call it Accounting Camp) because its a nice getaway from work and its good to catch up with other D&T friends. I actually completed all of my runs, but did not eat the healthiest things while I was there. No biggie, but I was a little nervous about what my body would do after eating/drinking during the week. I tried to keep hydrated but had to get up every hour during class to go to the bathroom. I felt bad for having to get up so often, but I figured it was better than being dehydrated on Saturday.
After a fabulous week of Mexican food, cupcakes, Thai food, amazing desserts, and good times with friends I drove back Friday afternoon and got ready for my run early Saturday morning.
At the beginning of the season one of the Houston fit coaches said the hardest distance to get over would be 6 inches, the six inches in between your ears. In other words, it's all mental. If you're training right then the biggest hurdle should be getting over the mental aspect. I really think this is true.
Fifteen miles sounds like so much, and granted this run was long and could have gone more smoothly had I been taking better care of myself during the week, but I did it! And I felt good after! I was definitely ok with not running further this weekend, but I think training is going well and I'm pretty proud of myself so far.
Next week we drop down to 10 miles, then step up again. After next week we will practically be running a half marathon every weekend up until a week before the marathon!
Big Announcement
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment