Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

So the other day when I mentioned that the lake was one of my favorite places ever I really started to think about places that make me so happy. These places give you the warm fuzzy feeling that not just any old place does. Here are a few on my list, in no particular order:

1. Home-I love my house. Really, who doesn't love coming home. It's so great to come home after a vacation and know that you have a wonderful place to come home to. There's nothing better than coming home and knowing that you'll get to climb into your bed that night :)

2. Trinity- Seriously, if you have not yet visited the campus then you are missing out. Not only is the campus gorgeous but each classroom, dorm, and even every hill bring back so many fun memories. The Trinity Library is also another one of my most favorite places and actually miss the studying, hanging out, crying, laughing, sleeping and everything else that happened in that crazy place.

3. Sevilla, Spain- This is hands down my most favorite city in Europe which may be due to the fact that I spent 4 months living here but I loved that the city wasn't too big nor too small. Those four months in the Fall of 2004 were probably the craziest and most fun 4 months of my life. I had the opportunity to visit several other cities, but genuinely enjoyed Sevilla's charm of a small Spanish city but large enough to have a Starbucks. As sad as that sounds, it's true. There were days that your brain was so tired of translating everything or the daily annoyance of almost being hit by a crazy Spanish driver, that you needed a "happy place". Every barista spoke English and the coffee tasted the same as it did in the states. Don't get me wrong, the local coffee places were WAY better than Starbucks but sometimes you just needed the familiarity.

4. Chelsea's Lake House- I love love going to the lake! It's always so fun, relaxing, and there is nothing better than waking up in the mornings and having your cup of coffee out on the back patio looking out onto the lake. I'm glad Chelsea's family doesn't mind adopting me/having friends out there so often!

5. San Antonio, Tx-Ok, so not only do I love the city because I lived there for 6 years, but I love the feel of the city. Big enough to have everything you need (Niemans, Nordstroms, great restaurants, and most importantly The Spurs!) but small enough to not feel cold or overly concrete. Hopefully I'll get to live here again at some point in my life :) Go Spurs Go!

6. Houston, Tx-I guess this and SA seem kind of broad but I still wanted to include them in my list. I never really thought I'd say that Houston was one of my favorite places, but I have learned to appreciate the diversity of the city. You name it and it's here; people, food, entertainment, the ocean (ok, close by), cheaper gas, shopping, EVERYTHING. Maybe we need a Disneyland or Six Flags but I think other than that, it's here. I never thought I'd live here at all, and used to say I'd move to Dallas over Houston, but when the decision came down to where I was going to transfer the opportunities seemed better down here (for what I'd like to do w/my career. I'm not dissing Dallas by any means). I have enjoyed the past year here and still have so so many places to explore!

7. Panchitos- Yum! Yum! This is my favorite breakfast taco place in SA. Nothing better than going to the Panchitos off West and having a Migas plate or B-fast Taco's from there. Good memories at this place too :)

8. Anywhere my family-Cheesy...I know-But true. Anytime my family is together we have such a blast! Time together typically includes food, laughing, more food, craving what-a-burger, telling people to "wash-u-step", mo-fo's, asking people if they know Fortino, or if they can turtle page Maribel, answering the phone with "bueno" or "porque no han hablado". We seem to tell the same stories every time we are together but they just seem to get funnier every year!

These were just a few of mine, but I know there are so many more!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay I like your list!

I would probably have to agree with you on all of these (except maybe change Sevilla to Granada...or maybe just say Southern Spain? I do like Sevilla too...).

I'm excited about the lake this weekend!

Lauren & Phil said...

You forgot about one important reason you love San Antonio so much...