Most weekends I wish I just had one more day before heading back to work. This past weekend, when I had the one extra day, I wished I had just ONE more day....
What a fabulous weekend though! Saturday morning started off with a nice easy 11 mile run. It makes me so proud to be able to say 11 miles is an easy long run. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy, and wouldn't want to run 11 miles everyday but for a long run-not too shabby. My running friends weren't there this past weekend so I ended up running with the female coach of the Red group. We ran right at at 10:30 mile up (so 5.5miles) but then on the way back I ran with the male coach of the Red group and we were running sub 10 min. miles. This is pretty fast for me now since I have actually slowed my pace down. Previously I would run right at a 10 min mile and sometimes a bit faster. So, this was a pretty fast run for me but it was a nice change of pace.
Some running lingo: when you run the 2nd half faster than the first, you've run a negative split. Now you can be a cool runner like me :) haha....
The rest of the weekend I spent up at Chelsea's Lake House--remember this from a few of my favorite things post. Love Love this place. A few of Chels/Kevin's friends came up along with Lindsey and new friend Kendall. It was great to see Lindsey and meet new people too! We had some amazing meals including homemade banana-walnut pancakes with homemade syrup. YUM!!! Lots of tubing, swimming, and relaxing :)
Can't wait for my next weekend at the lake for my b-day!
Also! Does anybody want to run the Austin Half-marathon with me in February??
Big Announcement
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment