What a fabulous weekend! I not only reached another milestone in my running but also had the chance to spend quality time with Chelsea at the lake house.
When my alarm went off at 3:50 this past Saturday morning I jumped out of bed ready to run 18 miles! Believe it or not I actually look forward to my long runs on Saturday mornings despite the anxiousness (I'm not sure that's a real word, but this is a fun blog; no need for a grammar lesson) I start to feel during the week. I have my Friday night rituals and enjoy getting my running gear all layed out on my kitchen table. I eat the same thing (a whole wheat english muffin with a smear of peanut butter and a banana if its a longer run) every Saturday morning before I head out. Naturally, I arrive about 20 minutes early because I get so anxious sitting at home. For some reason I'm afraid of traffic at 4:30 in the morning, I mean, I do live in Houston so you really never know if that will happen...
So off we went at 4:50am! I'm so so glad that the weather is starting to cool down! By cool down I mean it was 73 when we started running and still below 80 when we finished. That is very cool compared to the 83 it was just a few weeks ago and closer to 87 by the time we finished. Houston Fit has fabulous coaches and they set up great routes for us. We ran from the Memorial Park area, around Rice University, down near the Med Center, out by the Zoo, and back! We also had 4 water stops so that was especially nice since they had snacks and restrooms available at each stop. I thought the food really made a difference this time even though it was just a few pretzels with peanut butter and M&M's. During my 15 mile run I was so hungry!
All in all, I felt great after finishing! It's kind of crazy to think about because I drive about 22 miles to my client every day, so just 4 more miles and I could have run there!
After my run I came home, stretched, and took a nice little nap :) This too has become part of my Saturday ritual.
Chels and I had planned on going to the lake for a much needed girls weekend so we got started by having lunch at Johnny Rockets (amazing hamburgers!) and doing a little shopping in The Woodlands. We always seem to run into fun adventures together :) And actually this month it will be 7 years that we've been friends! Wow! Ok, not only do I feel old but so blessed to have such a fabulous friend in my life! Now that I think about it, the first night Chels and I "bonded" was on a shopping outing to Walmart just a few days after we started our freshman year at Trinity. Hahaha... Anyway...I digress... So we headed back to the lake house with pizza, wine, and the Hannah Montana Movie. We almost left Kroger's with a puppy, but decided maybe that wasn't such a smart decision. I love hanging out at the lake house. I think it's in my top 10 favorite places ever. (I'll have to use that as a blog topic tomorrow)
What a fabulous weekend! I was definitely not ready to start the work week but I had a change of attitude after a great arm workout this morning coupled with an amazing new breakfast discovery! All of you (all 5 of you who follow my blog ;) ) need to try Lean Cuisine's new breakfast pannini's! I had a sausage, egg, and cheese pannini. It was AMAZING!! I don't know the last time I was so pumped about Lean Cuisine food! The part that makes it all so yummy is that the bread is some kind of cinnamon something or another. Seriously. Amazing. I can't wait for breakfast again tomorrow!
Big Announcement
13 years ago
3 comments:
Haha I love you and this blog
You alarm went off at 3:50 on Saturday?!?!? That is NAST.
But congrats on running so far!!
I AM going to give you a grammar lesson just like you gave your first year. :)
Have we really been friends for 7 years?? We ARE old. I'm so ready for some more laketime this weekend!
Post a Comment